Public Health Superhero Event Wrap-up
What the heck is a Public Health Superhero?! Well, we answered this and other questions at our live podcast event at Science World on August 7th where we worked to demystify public health, and had a little fun along the way.
Moderated by BC’s Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry – basically BC’s Public Health Wonder Woman – we covered important topics like immunization, sexual health, overdose crisis response, and the “hows” of laboratory work.
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, moderator and BC Provincial Health Officer
- Dr. Monika Naus, Medical Director of the Communicable Diseases & Immunization Services at BCCDC
- Dr. Troy Grennan, physician lead for Provincial HIV/STI Program at BCCDC
- Sara Young, Manager, Hepatitis and Harm Reduction Services at BCCDC
- Dr. Agatha Jassem, Clinical Microbiologist & Program Head, Virology, BCCDC Public Health Laboratory.
We also covered some fun questions like “what’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done in public health?”. Intrigued? Want to hear more? If you missed it, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to be notified of the full podcast episode coming soon!