Research Week 2019 — Full Schedule Released!
The BCCDC Foundation has been pleased and privileged to provide long-term funding to BCCDC’s Research Week, supporting 8 years of this event! This year the funding torch has been passed to the BCCDC Faculty Engagement Committee and Research Week is grateful for this support, marking the 12th Research Week! But even though the BCCDC Foundation funding has completed, our dedicated Operations Coordinator, Lisa Young, still participates on the organizing committee, and supports not only Research Week but also Grand Rounds. And most importantly we are always happy to support and help translate BCCDC knowledge, research and expertise, especially as we’ve funded a number of the projects being presented!
In order for you to ensure you schedule time to attend the best parts, we’re posting the full schedule now, for the events taking place October 21-25, 2019. This year’s theme is “Sparking Innovation, Now and for Future Generations”.
As an overview, the week will run like this:
- Monday, Oct 21: Noon Workshop: Quality Improvement; PLUS poster viewing begins–until Friday
- Tuesday, Oct 22: Research Week talks: 10am-1pm; 10am KEYNOTE Amy Mathers, Associate Professor, University of Virginia, “Source vs “Sink”; Examination of Carbapenemase Producing Enterobacterales in Hospital Plumbing”
- Wednesday, Oct 23: Noon Workshop: Learn to Draw (limited space–must register with Priscilla Vuong)
- Thursday, Oct 24: Research Week talks: 10am-1pm; 12:00pm KEYNOTE Linda Hoang, Associate Director, Program Head BCCDC Bacteriology & Mycology Lab, “Harnessing Genomics Methods and Partnerships across BC to Tackle the Ongoing Rise of CPO in BC”
- Friday, Oct 25: Poster Dissemination: Noon-1pm; Poster Scavenger hunt entries due at 2pm
Please note that all talks/presentations and workshops will take place at MSAC, next door. The posters will be on display all week at the BCCDC, in Lane Level and the 2nd floor hallways. Representatives from the research posters on display will be standing beside their posters between noon and 1pm on Friday to answer questions.